Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Audio Content Management Systems (CMS)

In simple words CMS is a computer program which allows publishing, editing, modifying and maintaining content from a central interface. It can be used for audio, video, images or anything you want. There are organizations that specifically provide such services for users who does not have the capacity or knowledge in such systems.

Recently I was asked to carry out a research on audio CMS to see the potential of such products. It's similar to an app where users can listen to a small clip of the latest song and if the user likes it he/she can download the entire song by visiting the site.

I identified that there are several organizations that are doing it, but in a small scale. Personally I think that there's a lot of potential in such apps because mobile apps are the most famous and talked about technology nowadays. When I want to download or listen to a song first I need to visit YouTube and see the entire video or I get to know about it through a friend. But if I could have an app which will send the latest albums or songs and if I could listen to it I think I'm gonna buy it paying whatever the price. All because it's convenient. Also I have a basic smartphone and with that I can't go to YouTube. So it's necessary for me to go my laptop and do whatever I want.

This is my opinion. Let me know yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment