Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Power of positive thinking

When I was bored at work, I was going through some files and unexpectedly I stumbled on a video which was named as “The Secret”. I have heard about this concept before but I never really bothered about doing any more research. So out of curiosity I took the video home and watched it. That was the most memorable and life changing one hour I’ve ever spent.

The video was a bit exaggerated but the underlying concept was so significant, it really opened up my eyes. I was the most pessimistic person anyone could ever come across with. I would imagine my life in terrible circumstances and imagine all the crazy ways my life would become a living hell. So that was my life. While watching “The Secret” I was slowly realizing what a horrible mistake I’ve done and how unfair I treated myself.

It took me a few days to really grasp the concept of positive thinking and gratitude but from the very next day I took baby steps in being an optimist. I found old magazines and made a “mood board” cutting and pasting all the pictures that would mean something to me. I pasted pictures on what I wanted and who I wanted to be. Then I made a journal for myself, to record my day to day lessons and things that I wanted to remember.

I started making objectives for myself and I would spend all my energy on focusing on only those. And this amazing thing happened. Little by little without my knowledge, the things I pasted on my mood board started to come true. They happened in the most unexpected ways and it takes a few days for you to realize that you have actually done them. For example I had a picture of a girl riding a bicycle and during the days of my unemployment I actually learnt to ride a bicycle with my relatives. After a few days while I was looking at my mood board I noticed the picture of the girl and then it dawned on me.

My life is and was a struggle. I had quite a few boyfriends but none of them worked out. I’m well qualified but it took months and months of struggle and pain to find a job. My friends are living their own life with their loved ones so the girls days outs only happens once a month or so. I spent all my energy focusing only on positive things and my objectives. Whenever I was losing faith or starting to doubt my own existence something good would happen that would remind me that I shouldn’t give up.

So to some up this simple yet powerful concept, is to stay positive. Focus only on the good things, make objectives for yourself, surround yourself among people with positive energy and believe it or not they will happen. To quote “The Secret” – “Whatever it is you are feeling is a perfect reflection of what is in the process of becoming”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment