Sunday, February 10, 2013

Working...good or bad?

After going to work for a full week the weekend I got was amazing. Well not amazing as such I still had presentations and assignments to do but the fact that I get to stay at home with my kitten alone is enough to keep me happy the entire day. I'm not a maniac lonely cat lover but i DO LOVE and ADORE cats. I miss my other 3 kittens and their mam but the one I have is a handful. He's bigger than all his siblings coz he needs to eat more than 4 meals a day. He's the reason I rush and go home and the reason I smile early in the morning when he needs his full body massage.

I didn't get much work done but I learnt what cloud computing is. First i thought it was complicated but the more i read the more I realized that it is a simple concept. I don't know the entire theory behind it but I do know how it works and that's progress. The stuff I've learnt up-to now is invaluable. After being stuck in books and exams, the real world is certainly different. The application of models and theories is entirely different than what's mentioned in books.

The advice I give for my sisters and younger friends - Work as soon as you can. Don't get lost in books and 100 year old models because your work place (no matter how crappy it is) is the best place to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment